Thank you for your interest in the Beyond Wealth Scholarship.
Beyond wealth scholarships was launched in 2020 to give the brightest and most promising young people from minority ethnic backgrounds in the United Kingdom the best chance to attend leading universities and study in a field of their choosing.
Successful candidates will be paired with leaders in the field and will be given support with work experience, shadowing, personal statements and interviews.
- To fast-track dedicated, hardworking and focused young people in their chosen fields of study
- To support their successful admission into leading universities
- To provide a sustainable resource for future applicants
Applicants must be from minority ethnic backgrounds and must be in school years 11 or 12. They must demonstrate a track record of hard work and dedication for the chosen subject.
The scholarship committee will be looking for candidates who not only exudes passion for what the scholarship offers but also demonstrate leadership skills.
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Engage will all aspects of the programme and commit to excellence in their conduct
- Be great ambassadors of the programme in any organisation that they are privileged to get their work experience in
- Write a brief synopsis of their experience and any challenges during the programme
- To be part of the alumni pool and commit to giving back to subsequent candidates.
Successful candidates will be notified in writing (by email) of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship.
STEERING COMMITTEE GROUP
Steering Committee (SC) will be made up of members drawn from different sectors including medicine, law, pharma, banking/finance, business and engineering. SC members will be senior managers or directors with wealth of experience in their field of profession.
SC members will meet at least twice a year to decide on the successful candidates based on the set criteria and to monitor their progress. The committee will be looking for candidates who can communicate effectively and who showcase their commitment to academics.
HOW TO APPLY
There are six sections as part of the form. Please read each prompt or question very carefully, and be meticulous with your answers, making sure you complete all sections fully. We recommend that you draft your longer answers in a Word or Pages document first, to avoid losing your work.
Thank you for your interest in the Beyond Wealth.
Legal note: We ask for your contact details so that we are able to contact you about your application. We collect statistics on race, gender, educational and socio-economic background for diversity monitoring purposes.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com
Sign up for our newsletter below for current updates on all our projects and activities!